Posted 1 week ago
National Novetly Brush Company/Lancaster, PA
The Production Engineering Manager will be responsible for optimizing production efficiency through minimizing machine downtime. This position will optimize return on investment of equipment through cost controlled measures while utilizing predictive maintenance, preventive maintenance and skilled labor. This position will require both a collaborative nature and ability to influence best practices across organizational lanes including Sr. Production Engineer, Sales & Marketing, Engineering Services and Accounting.
• Direct company's production engineering activities including involvement in the selection, specification, and optimization of the required equipment, tooling, processes, and operations; and other technical matters required to make a given product according to the desired volume, timetable, cost, quality level, and other specifications.
• With a heavy presence on the production floor, provide process engineering support with capital equipment and production processes to ensure efficiency, productivity, and consistency of new and existing equipment.
• Provide strategic daily direction to production maintenance activities.
• Maximize production throughput by achieving machine uptime in excess of 95%.
• Provide detailed written reports both internally and externally.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing so as to interact and work closely with other departments, including but not limited to Quality, Sales & Marketing, Engineering Services, and Accounting.
• Work together with members of Engineering Services to provide estimates of manufacturing costs for new products, equipment, tooling and processes.
• Develop and establish preventive and predictive maintenance program in collaboration with MRO Department.
• Work with quality and product development personnel to improve quality in the most cost effective manner.
• Function as a leader or team member on cross-functional teams to address equipment issues.
• Write protocols for new and modified manufacturing processes, including acceptance criteria. This will be performed with collaboration from Sr. Engineer, quality and production management.
• Assist in developing PFMEA (Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and dynamic control plans with manufacturing as required.
• Inspire others to share acquired knowledge.
• Represent and lead technical discussions, as required.
• Hire, train and evaluate manufacturing mechanics.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.