Posted 2 weeks ago
The Arc of Centre County/State College, PA
The Arc of Centre County is currently recruiting a Full-time Program Specialist. This is a management position and is responsible for the overall operations of 2 residential group homes. Each group home operated by The Arc is licensed by the Department of Public Welfare's Office of Developmental Programs (ODP). 3-4 individuals with an intellectual disability reside in each home, and staffing is provided 24/7 to assist individuals in activities of everyday living. Care is focused on person-centered and individualized approaches.
Applicants for the Program Specialist must be able to work a flexible schedule, participate, track and implement Assessments and Individualized Support Plans, assist in an on-call weekend rotation, monitor residential programs, supervise personnel, and ensure compliance with ODP regulations and agency policies.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field with two years experience working directly with people with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. Medical experience is preferred.
Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements with Attention To: Jessica Herzing, Director of Human Resources. The application can be accessed at www.taocc.org or 1840 N. Atherton Street, State College, PA 16803.
The Arc of Centre County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a proud United Way Member Agency.
1. A Master's Degree or above from an accredited college or university and one year work experience working directly with persons with an intellectual disability.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years work experience working directly with persons with an intellectual disability.
2. Possess previous supervisory experience including involvement in hiring, corrective action and other personnel issues.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Office of Developmental Programs regulations pertaining to residential programs.
4. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
5. Must be available during "off duty" hours, within reason, to handle emergencies.
6. Must be 18 years of age or older.
7. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to transport individuals in The Arc vehicles.
8. Must be physically able to provide assistance, as needed, in safely loading and unloading vehicle passengers and assist individuals to safety in emergency situations.
9. Obtain a physical examination as required by DPW regulations.
10.Obtain Pennsylvania criminal history check, FBI criminal history check, and child abuse clearances in accordance with ODP regulations.
11.Be able to provide/attain transportation to and from work as scheduled.
Keywords: Education, Teaching, Teacher, Special Education, Rehabilitation, Human Development and Family Studies, Psychology, Counselor, Counseling, Caregiver, Caregiving, Direct Support Professional, Case Worker, Management, Manager
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.