Posted 1 week ago
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals/Emeryville, CA
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Emeryville, California
Position Type: Permanent – full time
About the Company
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid called Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Summary of Role
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring a continuous supply of NovaBay’s products by contributing to CMO management and providing supply chain oversight. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, high-performing individual to be the go-to person for a number of NovaBay’s operational processes.
• Manage the product supply chain from start to finish.
• Organize production schedules and assess resource requirements.
• Contribute/manage production planning.
• Estimate, negotiate, and agree on budgets and timescales with vendors.
• Contribute to inventory management by:
• Compiling and maintaining records of type, quantity, and value of material stocked in establishment.
• Computing figures from records (such as production records, sales orders or purchase invoices) to obtain current inventory. Verify computer data with physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation, then count, or investigate and report reasons for discrepancies (if any).
• Compiling information on receipt or disbursement of material, or supplies and cost.
• Ensure manufacturing operations are safely and efficiently carried out and documented in compliance with all government regulations and company policies/procedures.
• Assist quality systems, including:
• Supporting the management of manufacturing deviations, non-conformances, and corrective/preventative actions.
• Monitoring changes to equipment, processes, and documents.
• Oversee distribution at 3PL and ensuring process compliance.
• MRP & ERP contribution/management & process updates.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 2+ years of experience in medical device production & supply chain management
• Significant experience with ERP systems (Sage is preferred)
• Relevant business experience. Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/Device experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirements related to the Pharmaceutical/Medical Device industries
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements by e-mail to:
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.