Posted 1 week ago
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals/Emeryville, CA
Job Title: Director, Human Resources
Location: Emeryville, California
Position Type: Exempt, full time
About the Company:
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. We are currently focused primarily on commercializing prescription Avenova® for managing hygiene of the eyelids and lashes in the United States. Avenova is the only eye care product formulated with a proprietary, stable and pure form of hypochlorous acid called Neutrox®. By replicating the anti-microbial chemicals used by white blood cells to fight infection, Neutrox has proven in laboratory testing to have broad antimicrobial properties. Avenova with Neutrox removes debris from the skin on eyelids and lashes without burning or stinging.
We have developed additional commercial products containing Neutrox, including our NeutroPhase® Skin and Wound Cleanser for wound care and CelleRx® for the dermatology market. We have partnerships for NeutroPhase in the U.S. as well as select overseas markets, most notably China.
In addition to our Neutrox family of products, we have also synthesized and developed a second category of novel compounds aimed at harnessing the power of white blood cell chemistry to address the global, topical anti-infective market. This second product category includes auriclosene, our lead clinical-stage Aganocide® compound, which is a patented, synthetic molecule with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
We currently have approximately 25 employees in our Emeryville corporate office and a nationwide salesforce of 50 people.
At the end of 2016 we will be brining “in-house” our 50 sales representatives from a professional employer organization. This position will spearhead this effort. Once the salesforce is fully integrated, this position will lead NovaBay’s human resources department.
• Beyond the CEO, this position is the main driver of implementing and maintaining the desired cultural principles.
• Conducts recruitment effort for the salesforce; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
• Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
• Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the HR department. Develops department goals, objectives and systems.
• Implements and annually updates the salesforce compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
• Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
• A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume and salary requirements by e-mail to:
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.