Posted 2 weeks ago
Forging Industry Association/Cleveland, OH
Forging Industry Association – Cleveland, OH
The Forging Industry Association (FIA) is a trade association based in downtown Cleveland that provides its members with industry benchmarking, global networking, world class training and education, and public policy advocacy. For over 103 years, FIA has been the primary source of information for the North American forging industry. The Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF) is a supporting organization to FIA that provides a framework for forging industry collaborative research, funds technology development, and transfers technology to the forging industry.
FIA is seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to serve as its Communications Coordinator. This role will work closely with FIA’s small staff to support its member companies in the North American forging industry.
The principal function of this position is to maintain and develop the FIA and FIERF websites; coordinate production of all electronic and print communications; and develop technology solutions to enhance training courses, trade shows, member services, etc.
• Maintain and develop content on the FIA and FIERF websites, and work with third-party provider to update websites.
• Create monthly email newsletter content, and coordinate production and distribution of newsletter.
• Create content for training, event, survey and member services emails, and coordinate production and distribution of these emails.
• Develop print and online promotional materials for training and events.
• Maintain short- and long-term communications plans.
• Manage all social media accounts.
• Create and administer member surveys using online benchmarking program.
• Assist with the development of member services packages.
• Assist with the management of online training platform (Forging University).
• Develop technology solutions to enhance training courses, trade shows, member services, and other programs.
• Attend fall and annual member meetings, training events and other industry functions as required, up to 10 percent of the time.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, writing, or a similar field.
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (2010 or later).
• Graphic design (Adobe Creative programs) experience.
• Experience with website content management and administration.
• Social media management.
• Ability to quickly learn (with formal training provided by FIA) iMIS membership management software.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new skills as required.
Salary commensurate with abilities and experience. Comprehensive benefits program including 401(k) plan with employer match. This is a professional/salaried/exempt position. No relocation expenses are available.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
At FIA, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status by federal, state or local law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (no phone calls or faxes) with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line by November 30, 2016.
For more information about FIA and FIERF, please visit www.forging.org.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.