Posted 2 weeks ago
Second Image National, Inc. /Philadelphia, PA
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that requested records are provided to the client in a timely manner. Responsible for processing subpoena orders for Second Image National clients under the procedures and guidelines as set forth by management and the Legal Department. Communicate with various medical facilities to arrange the retrieval of records in response to subpoenas that have been served.
• Follow up with other departments regarding the arrangement of the retrieval of records.
• Scan incoming records and legal documents.
• Prepare outgoing legal packets and documents to be sent by mail or personally delivered.
• Prepare and file court documents by mail or electronically.
• Develop relationships with external clients to compel locations to comply with time-sensitive record requests.
• Take proactive steps with unresponsive locations to have the requested records available by the due date set forth by law.
• Take incoming calls to respond to custodial inquiries.
• Ensure that custodial contacts are documented accurately in the system.
• Maintain open communication with supervisor and team lead(s).
• Maintain business confidentiality relative to pricing, promotion, customer lists, and methods of distribution.
• Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality to ensure absolute privacy of patient information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Industry experience preferred in legal support services, medical record retrieval, or health information management, a PLUS
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in legal, business, communication or related degree preferred.
• 1+ year of corporate and/or litigation experience, a PLUS
• High detail orientation and strong written communication skills
• Strong computer skills; ability to navigate through the Internet, MS Office, and email.
• Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm and enter data accurately
• Ability to problem-solve with a sense of urgency
• Strong oral, written, and phone communication/presentation skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skill with, peers, superiors, customers, and vendors.
• Proficient computer skills; ability to navigate through the Internet, MS Office, and email.
• Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• This position is a Full-Time Position: M-F 9:00AM – 5:30PM or earlier, starting at an hourly wage of $12-13, depending on experience.
• Second Image National offers medical, dental, vision, group life, voluntary life, AFLAC supplemental benefits, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k).
Second Image National is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.