Posted 2 weeks ago
Children's Surgery Center, LLC./Malvern, PA
This position requires the person to be the medical insurance verifier and is often the first person contact the patient has with the Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and prioritize customer requirements.
• Know and adhere to all policies and procedures of the center.
• Verify the patients’ insurance information is accurately entered into the computer system.
• Verify coverage (ourselves) and obtain and document 100% of required insurance pre-authorizations, referrals, and / or pre-determinations prior to surgery.
• Call on all cases with a commercial insurance carrier, obtain coverage information and patient liability details (co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, out of pocket amounts)
• Call 100% of scheduled patients’ once insurance information is received and insurance is verified, no later than 7 days prior to surgery to tell them and document what is owed the day of surgery
• Greet the public with a sense of warmth, compassion and pride and see to the needs of the patients and families.
• Obtain insurance information, copies of insurance cards, patient signatures, and collect 100% of the patient’s portion of financial responsibility as needed.
• Learn / Know / Relieve the Surgery Scheduler.
• Answer, screen and route all incoming calls in a professional manner by the third ring.
• Seek involvement in activities that promote professional growth and development and performance improvement.
• Maintain an open line of communication with the managers, staff, patients and their families (within laws of HIPPA), physicians and others.
• Associate Degree in business preferred. Minimum two years related experience and or education may be used to satisfy degree requirement. ASC health care preferred.
• Excellent people handling and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• A high degree of accuracy in obtaining and recording information; computer skills.
Demonstrate . . .
• High integrity and effort
• A strong work ethic and competency
• A desire to learn from one another; flexibility
• A team attitude – recognition that everyone impacts performance (can’t do it alone)
• Direct and courteous communication
• Sincere empathy and respect
• A belief that by bringing hospitals, surgeons and employees together, we can make a difference in health care.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.