Posted 3 weeks ago
Elite Construction/East Hartford, CT
This individual will be expected to role model and foster the attitude, measures and approaches necessary to create a workplace environment/image that embodies the Elite mission of challenging the mindset of the construction industry by exemplifying the values of Perseverance, Leadership and Integrity.
• Attend kick off meetings with Estimator to discuss the job and products
• Award all scopes of work on a timely basis, ensuring that each scope is all-inclusive including taxes and insurance
• Draft subcontracts to be thorough, complete and all-inclusive i.e. payment terms, safety policies or requirements, insurance requirements, etc.
• Review daily reports and job meeting minutes from the Project Superintendents
• Buy out the job and assign vendors to each product
• Assign tasks to Project Engineers
• Coordinate preparation of submittals
• Coordinate the preparation of PO’s
• Prepare the budget
• Maintain current set of drawings (electronic or paper)
• Track RFI’s/COR’s/Sketches – watch for cost impact
• Write change orders
• Attend kick of meeting with Field Supervisor to discuss the job and products
• Order materials
• Track lead times
• Coordination with subcontractors
• Attend job site meetings as required
• Provide Field Supervisor with installation instructions for all products
• Order hardware required for installation
• Communication with customers, vendors and subcontractors
• Cost Reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• College Degree and/or minimum of five years field supervisory experience required
• Demonstrated supervisory skills
• Basic building construction knowledge preferred or experience in carpentry or dry wall installation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.