Posted 4 weeks ago
The Humane Society of the United States/Gaithersburg, MD
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Manager, Pets for Life, Philadelphia, PA, for the Companion Animals department. The main responsibility will be to manage the Pets for Life (PFL) program in the Philadelphia area, while working toward achieving program goals.
This position will be responsible for:
• Overseeing all aspects of PFL Philadelphia, including community outreach, spay/neuter services and transport, pet wellness care, community outreach events, data collection, program communication, relationships with partners and ensure the program operates according to the PFL model, approach and philosophy;
• Supervising, leading and coordinating with other PFL staff on program activities, such as spay/neuter and dog training, and on how to conduct strategic community outreach and engage the community for long term, sustainable impact of the program;
• Managing data collection, tracking and reporting of PFL work, outcomes and goals;
• Managing relationships with local donors and partners such as spay/neuter providers, veterinarians, animal shelters, animal control agencies and other agencies as needed;
• Managing program budgets, equipment and supply inventory;
• Ensuring that HSUS remains in compliance with facility contractual agreements;
• Managing volunteer programs for PFL Philadelphia and working with the HSUS volunteer staff;
• Continuing to develop contacts and relationships within the Philadelphia community to further the PFL program, while building partnerships with local groups including but not limited to animal groups and community advocacy organizations;
• Assisting in training and mentorship of targeted groups by hosting organizations and planning trainings;
• Working with other PFL cities and the Companion Animal Department to further the PFL program across the country;
• Assisting with fundraising, community presentations and other educational opportunities;
• Serve as a spokesperson for PFL Philadelphia and manage and coordinate media appearances for PFL with supervisor and with the public relations team;
• Ensuring that PFL Philadelphia remains in compliance with local and state law, and HSUS policy.
• High school diploma or equivalent with some college courses preferred;
• Prior supervisory experience required;
• Three years in the animal welfare or other advocacy field required;
• Strong organizational skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to travel up to 50% locally and other areas as needed;
• Must be able to move/lift 50 lbs, bend frequently, and stand throughout the workday;
• Ability to speak, read, write in Spanish is highly desirable.
This position is located in Philadelphia, PA.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.