Posted 2 weeks ago
Scenic Fruit Company/Gresham, OR
Scenic Fruit Company, a family owned company for over 80 years is the oldest berry processor in the Northwest. We are currently seeking hard-working individuals with a positive attitude to join our Warehouse Team. One full time position is for day shift and one is swing shift with benefits and paid time off.
The Warehouse Associate receives, ships and maintains accurate inventory of product for Scenic Fruit Company (SFC) and its customers. They ensure that the workplace remains safe and clean and that all food safety practices and GMP’s are properly followed.
• Promotes a safe work environment through personal actions and identifies all personal safety and food safety concerns as well as cost saving opportunities.
• Load and unload trucks by moving product safely using powered industrial forklift and pallet jack equipment per manufacturers operating instructions.
• Uses scanner to move and/or select product for shipment and production fulfillment. Consistently checks for accuracy and placement.
• Puts away product as directed by warehouse supervisor.
• Creates and attaches pallet tags for use with scanners.
• Clears work area of loose wood, plastic and debris. Work areas require sweeping and the emptying of waste receptacles daily.
• Report any faulty equipment, damage to facility, damage to product and all safety hazards immediately to your supervisor.
• Conduct physical Inventory annually and cycle counts semi-annually to ensure accuracy of products stored in the warehouse.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 1 year distribution warehouse experience
• 1 year recent forklift experience
• Ability to become forklift certified
• Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems and Radio Frequencies
• Computer proficiency with MS Office
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions
• Works well within a team
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to read numbers and labels, add, subtract and multiply
• Must be able to communicate and read in English
• Cheerful and positive attitude
• Must have a valid driver license
Frequently required to push, pull, and lift up to 80 lbs.; stand; handle objects; sit; use close vision and distance vision, bend, twist, kneel, step up/down. Due to the nature of the job, good eyesight and hearing are important. Certain work layouts require forklifts to navigate narrow paths. Operators must be able to get up/down from forklift, turn in the driver's seat and drive backwards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Environment and Hazards:
Constantly functioning in a cold environment, falling debris from pallets, crates, totes, and operational hazards of powered industrial forklift and pallet jacks. This position has a direct impact on food safety due to the handling of product on a daily basis. A firm understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices is required and expected to be demonstrated. Certified freezer gear and insulated gloves provided by SFC. Hearing protection provided when exposed to decibels of 85 or more.
Submit Your Resume and Apply
Please mention that you saw this job on PostJobsNow.com.